Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sailing the Annapolis Harbor, May 30 09

Ken's boss at the Goddard Space Center, Joe, has a nice sailboat on the Annapolis Harbor and he invited us to come with him for the weekend. I was able to invite my longtime buddy Matt since sailing is just about his favorite thing to do. It was the first time that I had actually gone sailing before, we slept on the boat and ate on it, we didn't raelly go swimming though (the water looked a little iffy). It was a very peaceful trip and Matt and I did a lot of catching up.


The weather was basically perfect.. the one day there was basically no wind however


Beautiful sunset just after dinner


"helping," I'm really not very strong anymore and Joe had to intervene hehe


Matt enjoying the sea


Mom and Ken


The wind was strong so Joe angled the boat to catch the most wind, the boat was heavily tilted


The houses bordering the bay


Me and Matt after docking

No comments: