Saturday, May 23, 2009

Beth's Wedding May 23 2009

My really close friend Beth asked me if I would be her maid of honor in her wedding and naturally I said YESSS without hesitation. I planned her bachelorette party that ended up just being me and her. The game was to pull an envelope out of a stack of envelopes that said what her or her friends would have to do. We had a good timerunning about in the mall, as you'll see in the pictures. That night, however, while setting up the tables we discovered that the yellow table clothes that the wedding planner ordered turned out to be safety yellow, the kind that construction workers wear... needless to say, Beth was pissed. She went out with her fiance Scott to cool off and when she got back we had prepared a spontaneous spa session for her in the cabin we were staying in. We soaked her feet in hot water and Kat (her musically talented friend) played quiet guitar music in the background. I gave her a foot massage and back massage and then we went to bed. The next day we went to get our hair done (paid for by the wedding planner that messed up on the tables clothes) and afterward we got everything else ready. The wedding was absolutely gorgeous and after the reception, Kat and I went to Pittsburgh to the incline and the Cheesecake Factory, it was a beautiful day all around :)





Beth having fun at her bachelorette party




More fun memories from the mall that night



Beth looked so gorgeous for her wedding



She let me pick out whatever dress I wanted


Beth with Scott looking over her dad's shoulder. Her dad was crying through the whole ceremony..he made me cry even


They had these girls sign during the ceremony, it was really adorable


Walking for the first time as husband and wife


Cake! She didn't hit him in the face


The wedding started at 11 and they left by 2:30 or 3... I think they wanted to be on their honeymoon already


Kat sang at her wedding, then we took some extra pictures afterward






No comments: